Thank you for taking the time to check us out! My passion is sharing the knowledge that YOU can heal YOURSELF…and guiding you to do so! I am here to help you have the life you dream of with freedom and ease in your body.
I help those who do not feel good in their bodies (suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, auto-immune disorders, migraines, IBS, Crohn’s Disease, anxiety, depression, and other long-term dis-ease), transform their health and heal themselves.
You are so much more powerful than anyone has ever told you and I want to show you how!
I do what I do because I’ve been on the other side of being well. I suffered with stomach ulcers since the age of 15, and the first and only time I experienced lasting relief was with acupuncture.
Then at the age of 22 I became very ill. I didn’t know what was wrong with me, and neither did any of the numerous Western doctors I saw. Finally, after about 6 months of tests and visits, one of my doctors told me I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I asked her, “Um, what’s that?” She replied, ” I’m not really sure, you should Google it. I do know that people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome shouldn’t eat chocolate or drink red wine.” Say what??? Needless to say this was less then helpful.
I had relied on doctors for so long to help me, and they couldn’t. Part of me wanted to give up, but a bigger part of me knew right then that there had to be another way, and that healing was possible for me. I realized I was going to have to take action and find “alternative” ways to health.
And so began my journey to living life on my terms, in a healthy and vibrant body. It’s been a rough road, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. It is, after all, the reason why I do what I do today. It is why I have a strong calling and desire to help people heal and have an extraordinary quality of life. I’m still on my healing journey, as we all are, but now I can say that instead of just surviving through life, I am thriving in it.
My healing philosophy:
I believe in looking at all aspects of a person’s life and journey for lasting healing, including physical, emotional, mental, relational, spiritual and metaphysical.
I am here to guide you to healing yourself from any health challenge by connecting you to the life your soul wants to live. Clearing any space in your entire being that is not serving you, so you may create the life you came here to live to fulfill your personal destiny.
Through love, forgiveness and exploration into your truest self, a beautiful journey unfolds to becoming who you’ve always been, who you really are. Everyone’s purpose is to express love and serve others, but we all experience this purpose in different ways. I am here to help you discover and love yourself to health.
- I have a Master’s of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, a Bachelor’s in Kinesiology (and french), and have spent the last 15+ years of my life studying and living a life of natural health and wellness. I have over 10 years of experience with Chinese Medicine; including acupuncture, Chinese herbs, cupping, nutrition and more.
- I’ve worked and traveled all over the world, including on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean (ask me all about it!), in Chengdu, China (the home of the sichuan pepper…eek), Austin, Tx, Minnesota, and now my beloved Hawaii.
- I’ve worked in all possible settings as an acupuncturist: with M.D.’s, in private practice, in 2 community clinics and on that crazy cruise ship.
- I am certified in Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique (read more about that here, I know you want to).
- I’ve been featured in Midweek, on local radio shows in Hawaii and many global podcasts.
- I recently created and host the Wide Awakened Healing Podcast (3/16) which has been featured on iTunes New and Noteworthy.
Although I do still take the occasional acupuncture client, my practice entails primarily my online course, Heal Yourself Now Master Class, or the one-on-one version in my 90 day intensive program of the same name. When I’m not working with beautiful people to guide them to their best and healthiest selves, you’ll find me enjoying the incredible beauty of Hawaii. I moved here over 8 years ago and not a day goes by that I’m not grateful.
Hawaii continues to amaze me, heal me, nurture me and enrich me…and I do my best to give it all right back to her and the world. I love to salsa dance (a few years into lessons and it gets more and more fun), act (see me in this local Hawaii Battery Bill’s commercial), hike in the jungle, read (from profound to silly and everything in between), watch anything sci-fi, and swim as much as possible in the most beautiful ocean in the world.
People often ask me why I no longer practice acupuncture full time, and why in the world would I want to stop doing it? My answer is this: I have evolved, grown and expanded so much since beginning my practice over 11 years ago, so it’s only natural that how I help people in the world would also evolve, expand, and grow.
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine is a great tool for healing, and I may always do it here and there (for my regulars and friends and family). However, I can now see a much larger picture for healing, and am called to spread the message of self-empowerment and self-healing in a much bigger way.
I believe in a person’s ability to heal themselves, without any external therapy or intervention. This knowingness is something inherent in me and has been since I was a child. Over the years, I have seen the effects of owning one’s power first hand. Not only for myself, but for the 1000’s I’ve treated.
I know this is a concept that is uncomfortable or scary for many, because it requires people to take full responsibility for themselves and their life and health. Many are not ready, and that’s okay. (I still believe that those external therapies like acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, nutrition, supplements, sometimes medication or surgery, and much more, are helpful in the healing process. Many people still need these things for healing, because our collective agreement is that we do.)
I also know, that once a person has owned their power and made the intention to heal, that all of the external modalities work much better and more consistently, because they are operating from the place of Truth…that who they are is unlimited, love, and All That Is.
The work of uncovering your knowingness is the foundation for all healing, and for living a life aligned with your Highest and the Highest Good of all.
It is my choice to stand in the space of complete and unlimited possibility, for you. That is what I have come here for this time around, and I will do it to the best of my ability. It’s not an easy place to stand. There have been many doubts and much fear thrown my way from individuals and the collective, but I know it’s only because they have not yet stood in their own power. So I continue to stand in this light. I hold this space for you, so you may join me here when you’re ready.
I do the work for you and with you so that you may realize and uncover the knowing of your own power. I am a guide, a helper in traversing with you to the place you’ve never left…your own heart, soul and infinite nature.
I don’t expect you to believe me…that you are this powerful, but I want to show you. I am here to facilitate you in this knowingness, and it is my incredible pleasure.
If you’re itching to know more…
1. My all time favorite TV show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I told you I love sci-fi).
2. I’m a recovering sugar addict. Left to my own devices with and endless supply of chocolate and gummy bears I would self-destruct.
3. I’m 1/16 Native American (Choktaw) and the rest is mostly French (Cajun included).
4. I’m really close with my Mom and my brother. We talk on the phone a lot!
5. I was born in Louisiana and lived there until I was 8…I can slip back into that southern drawl in a hot minute.
6. I lived and studied in France in college and speak French (although I’ve lost it a bit). It was a life changing experience where I met 2 of my very best friends in the world, one whom recently passed. Her physical death was one of the most “heart breaking open into love” experiences I’ve ever had. Her and I still have conversations on the regular…if I’m doubting myself I hear her say, “Go for it girlie!” She is my cheerleader. Here’s us (me and the two Jen’s) in February of 2015…we’re really good at laughing through tears!
7. I have a secret desire to be a dancer, singer, actor…so I do it for fun!
8. I have 2 tattoos…and at least one more to come.
9. I really want to have dinner with Tim Ferriss (author of the Four Hour Workweek and more). He’s been an incredible source of inspiration for me over the years and I’d like to thank him…and he’s pretty cute:) So if anyone knows Tim…
10. I LOVE dogs…love love love! I’m the dog sitter among my friends. I can’t quite commit yet to having one, but I love watching other people’s (I guess it’s the “other people’s kids syndrome”).
Our Mission Statement
The purpose and delight of our company is to guide those who are seeking deeper healing in their bodies and lives, on a journey of self-awareness. The body has the ability to heal itself, when awakened to its power. It is the job of myself, Tarah Long, and members of the Wide Awakened Healing team, to help awaken this power.
It is also our job to share tools, practices, and inspiration to facilitate this movement, within an individual, and in society as a whole. We aim to be a revolution, to shift the paradigm of healing, from external, to internal, from fear, to love. Love is the only ingredient for unlimited possibilities of healing in all aspects of ourselves: spiritual, emotional, mental and physical.
Myself and the Wide Awakened Healing Team share the ways in which we can spread and be love, to open our hearts, in order to heal ourselves, each other, and the world. We work with people to heal their specific health challenges, but in doing so, we also heal the world, as in every individual is the entire Universe.
We are bringers of this light, we will be this light in the best way we can, to serve the Highest Good of all, for those who need it. Our presence is our power, and we will awaken your presence and engagement with yourself, the Divine, and the world, in order for you to hear and follow your soul’s deepest desires.
There is no limit to the love you can be and express in the world, and therefore no limit to the possibilities of healing.